Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Man feels train 'crush'

FUCK! Ow!
I just had my fingers caught in the train door!
It was crowded and I just managed to squeeze on with my back facing the doorway- one hand on the roof, one on my bag. As the doors slid against the outside of the train, I was shuffling my feet forward to make sure my heels weren't sticking out. Then as the doors met, and came in flush to the train, I felt a pressing feeling on my fingers.
Oh fuck! Three of my fingers were squashed between the door and the edge of the piece of fibreglass that makes up the roof. Upon my expletive people looked to find me with my hand pinned above my head, the end of my fingers not visible, but hidden above the roofline.
So, today I rode from Toorak Station to Armadale Station with my fingers being squashed in about at 6mm gap.
At Armadale someone else pushed the door button behind my back, so that I could free my hand. My fingers were flat where they were held. Now 25 minutes later, they are just very red with a faint strip across them that is slightly raised, and a bit numb.
Had I thought of it i bit earlier I could've had a photo here to post, but now it's just a see finger, so now very interesting.
So here instead is a photo of my bruise from paintball.
Rick


---- Sent from Rick's mobile phone ----

4 comments:

Amy said...

Bahahahahahahahaha!!!

That is golden!

That would only happen to you!

Nat said...

lol, good story, poor baby
nice bruise too, wish i had something that good to show from paintball

Ben said...

Lol, that sucks, but is mighty hilarious :).

Shazzie said...

OMFG that bruise is hilarious!