Monday, July 21, 2008

Weary worse for wear

It's official. I'm tired. Not exhausted or sleepy, but just really worn out. I'm not sure why but last night's sleep just didn't seem to cut it.
Perhaps tonight will be better.
I've got my performance interview at work 2moro. My work has been really good, so I'm not concerned about that, it's just that I haven't done any of the work i'm meant to do to get my professional accreditation. I've been working for two and a half years, and I haven't written any. They're basically little reports about skills you have or projects you've worked on. The most complete it in about 3 - 3.5 years, or up to 4.
The main reason is that I find that it's just not that important to me! I use my out of office time fully with things I care about, or resting. And at work i'm usually pretty busy with other things. But I'm not likely to make time for something I don't really care about doing. The only time I feel bad about it is when I have there evaluations. So I'll make some reasonable plans, which will sound good at the time, and imagine myself at home on the PC starting writing one up.
But let's look at it this way- the last time I logged on to my home PC, I downloaded 60 days worth of emails.
It's not a frequent occurrence...
Tonight I need to write up my 'goals' for the next year.
Fun.

---- Sent from Rick's mobile phone ----

2 comments:

Amy said...

Did you end up writting your goals last night?

That's it! Tonight I'm going to make you do stuff!

:P

Rick said...

No, and this morning on the train Chris got on too, so I didn't do it then either.

Then I was checking my emails and cleaning up my inbox.

Now I'm writing this.

OK.